Adopt a Cat from the Orlando Cat Café
Thinking about adopting? The best way to do this is to come on in and meet the cats available for adoption. We encourage you and your family to spend time with each cat you are interested in to see which is the best fit. Our trained staff and volunteers are happy to answer questions about the animals and provide you with whatever background information we have regarding that pet. Please keep in mind we do not always know all of the adoptable animals’ history or background depending on how they arrived at SPCA Florida, prior to arriving at Orlando Cat Café. Our goal is to match a pet’s personality and needs with a family’s needs and lifestyle to increase the likelihood of a lifetime happy relationship for the whole family. All of the cats at The Orlando Cat Café are spayed/neutered, tested for feline leukemia and feline aids and receive vaccinations for feline distemper, rhinotracheitis, calici virus and rabies (if age appropriate), are dewormed, receive monthly flea prevention, and are microchipped.
What to Consider Before Adoption:
- Pets require a significant time commitment.
- A pet’s life span can be from 5-20 years. Some animals are better with children than others. Please consider your future plans before bringing home a furry companion.
- Animals require a financial commitment. Food, treats, toys, veterinary check-ups and preventative medications can add up.
- Post adopt clients are guided to keep their pets quarantined for 14 days
Where can I see photos and descriptions of Adoptable Cats?
- If you would like to view our Facebook Album of Adoptable Cats currently at Orlando Cat Cafe seeking a home, please click here.
- If you wish to see other cats available for adoption by SPCA Florida, that are NOT located at Orlando Cat Cafe, please click here. SPCA Florida is located at 5850 Brannen Road S. in Lakeland.
How our adoption process works:
When you find a pet you would like to adopt, the next step is to fill out a ‘Getting To Know You’ Adoption Application Form at the Orlando Cat Cafe (not available online), which will be reviewed by one of our trained counselors. The counselors will answer any questions you may have. Please note, adoptions are not processed 30 minutes prior to closing.
Print and fill out these two forms and bring them with you. Please note, this does not gaurantee adoption of a cat and does not hold any specific cat for you.
What do I need to bring with me to adopt a cat?
- Please bring valid photo ID stating you are over 18 years old.
- If you rent your home, we will contact your landlord to make sure cats are allowed or you can bring your lease agreement.
- If you have other pets in the home, we will need verification that they are current on vaccinations. Please provide your veterinarian phone number or bring current vaccination records with you.
- We will call two personal references so please bring their phone number and/or contact information and notify your contacts that we will be contacting them.
- And lastly, please provide a cat carrier or you can purchase one from our facility. Cats will not be allowed to leave without a proper pet carrier.
Adoption fees may vary depending on breed and age. Generally, kittens under six months old are $150 and cats over 6 months old are $100.
SPCA offers a 15% discount on adoption fees to all military personnel and a 15% off Senior Discount on Adoption Fees for people who are over 60 who are adopting a cat who is over 5 years old.
*Adoption fees are subject to change.