How To Volunteer
You can really make a difference!
Who’s ready to cuddle kitties? We are always in need of volunteers to help at The Orlando Cat Cafe! All it takes is an approved application and a short training process and you’re ready to go make a difference. To get started, click here to visit the SPCA Florida website to begin the volunteer application process. Once you have submitted your volunteer application, you will be contacted by a representative and notified of the upcoming volunteer orientation dates. At orientation, you will learn all about our organization and be put in contact with your Orlando Cat Cafe representative to begin the hands-on training to work with the kitties.
What does volunteering include?
Some volunteer duties can include:
- Customer Service with Customers/Potential Adopters – Interact with guests about our kitties and answer any questions they may have. We want everyone to have a paw-sitive experience when they leave our cafe!
- Match Making for our Potential Adopters – Find out the purr-sonality of our cats by socializing with them and matching them with a new family suited best for everyone.
- Cleaning Up after Cats and Customers – Yes, this means scooping poop, sweeping, mopping, laundry, and general housekeeping. Let’s face it, cats can be messy!
- Additional skills: Photography, writing adoption bios, transporting cats to and from SPCA Florida in Lakeland
Steps To Volunteer
- Please complete a volunteer application.
- The Volunteer Manager will contact you regarding upcoming Volunteer Orientation Classes.
- Once you have attended orientation, an assessment interview will be scheduled to discuss your interests and determine if there is a match to our current needs.
Please note, in order to be considered for our Volunteer Program you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to give a 6-month commitment (average of 3 hours per week).
- Must be able to fully support SPCA Florida’s vision, mission and policies and be able to communicate those to the public.
- Must demonstrate good customer service skills and be able to work well in a team environment.
- This volunteer opportunity is not for court-ordered community service hours.
- Please note there is a $25 registration fee due after acceptance into the program, which covers a volunteer t-shirt, name badge, and volunteer manual.
Your donation to SPCA Florida will make you part of our mission of saving the lives of homeless cats. SPCA Florida is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. They receive no federal or state funding and are not associated with the ASPCA or the Humane Society of the United States. Your tax-deductible gift will help us improve the life of a pet in need.
Many items are needed to care for the cats who are in our care while at The Orlando Cat Cafe until their new forever families come to take them home. The below are needed items to ensure their health, happiness, and well-being while staying with us. Donations can be dropped off at our location.
DIY Donation Drive
Interested in hosting your own donation drive for the kitties? Great! Students are also eligible to host a donation drive for community service hours. Visit SPCA Florida (under the Student Program section) to learn more about hosting your own DIY event.