Jean Luc Chats with ChatGPT
You may have read a lot lately regarding the advancements in Artificial Intelligence or “A.I”. For those of you over 40, that was what H.A.L. was in the movie “2001: A Space Odyssey. For those of you under 40, you will have to Google it. “Open the pod bay doors H.A.L” to which H.A.L. replied, “I’m sorry Dave, I am afraid I can’t do that”. And that was in 1968! We’ve come a long way since then. Or have we?
Enter ChatGPT which says that it is all about “optimizing language models for dialogue”. Open AI, the masterminds behind ChatGPT boast that they have “trained a model which interacts in a conversational way”. But could ChatGPT take MY job? There was only one way to find out.
After a few tries at establishing an account and choosing a password (spoiler alert – it’s “gravy”) I created my own ChatGPT account and posed the following question – “What topics would a spokecat write about?”. Here is the answer form ChatGPT:
As a fictional character, a spokescat could potentially write about a wide range of topics depending on their personality, interests, and the purpose of their role as a spokesperson. However, here are a few possible topics that a spokescat might write about:
- Cat health and nutrition: A spokescat could share advice and tips on how to keep cats healthy, including recommendations on what to feed them, how to groom them, and how to prevent common health issues.
- Feline behavior: Cats can be mysterious creatures, so a spokescat could write about why cats do what they do and offer suggestions on how to understand and train them.
- Pet adoption: A spokescat could use their platform to advocate for pet adoption and encourage people to give cats a loving home.
- Cat products: From toys to litter boxes, there are countless products designed for cats. A spokescat could review and recommend products based on their personal experience.
- Humorous anecdotes: Cats can be funny and entertaining, and a spokescat could share amusing stories and observations about their daily life.
- Environmental advocacy: Some cats live in environments that are threatened by pollution or climate change. A spokescat could raise awareness about these issues and encourage people to take action to protect the planet.
Overall, a spokescat could write about any topic that relates to cats, from serious health concerns to lighthearted musings on catnip.
Uh oh! Apart from the whole “fictional character” thing which I didn’t really appreciate, these responses were pretty accurate!
Longtime readers of my blog know that I have touched on all of these topics – especially the “what to feed” (Gravy. And cookies.). And, I have devoted several columns to why I eschew scratching posts but love nappy carpeting! Pet adoptions? That’s literally EVERY blog I write! Dozens of my columns have focused on litterboxes! Humorous Anecdotes? Many of my readers find me humorous. I know I do…. Climate Change? In looking over my blogs for the past 6 years I admit that I have not addressed the topic of climate change, and so that is a new one for me. And admittedly something that I don’t know much about. So, I might have to consult ChatGPT about that, and now we are just in a vicious cycle!
In order to keep my job as the Official Spokescat for the Orlando Cat Café, I am going to have to up my game or I might be at risk for losing my column!
First order of business will be sitting on the laptop so that ChatGPT doesn’t escape because this is way worse than H.A.L. not opening up the pod bay doors! And then I am going to soothe myself with a cookie. And some gravy.